A brief history of our business and our new building:A very long time ago – over 100 years ago – the corner was home to the Chinook Club.
In the 1920′s the club relocated. The building was added onto and became Lethbridge City Hall.
City Hall soon became too small and the building was sold, demolished, and the trees were removed. In January 1950 the Royal Bank
purchased the land from the City. A year later, they had sold the
adjoining land for a four-store commercial building and announced their new branch.
In July 1952, Black and Walker Mens Wear opened at 619 4th Avenue South.
Over the next 40+ years, Black and Walker would remain in this historic location, seeing a few name changes before eventually closing their doors as Black's Mens Wear. The space would see several other tenants during the next 20 years, including a youth employment centre, Chinook Country Photography, The Shoe Tree, and Domestic Art.
On November 1, 1989, Boarderline held our grand opening – just around the corner at 322 7th Street South.
In the following 23 years, we would also call locations on 2nd Avenue
North, 13th Street North, and most recently, 814 4th Avenue
On May 1st, after 9 months of extensive renovations, we moved into our wicked historical space at 619 4th Avenue South.